Kapolei Eye Care’s Covid-19 Precautions & Guidelines
To Our Valued Patients,
We are taking every precaution to make sure that your visit to our office is safe and comfortable. We are following strict guidelines to ensure your safety. We have instituted the following procedures:
- Cleaning our equipment, exam rooms, and all common surfaces to the highest standard.
- Requiring all patients and staff to wear a mask or face covering.
- Requiring strict handwashing guidelines.
- Requiring all patients to reschedule if you, or your companion, are having fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of smell and taste. Please also inform us if you’ve been exposed to someone (e.g. family member) infected with COVID-19 during the past month.
- Using protective screens for our reception desks and in the exam rooms for equipment, we are using.
- Requiring social distancing in our office for all staff and patients.
- We ask all of our patients to check-in by phone and request that you wait in your car and a technician will escort you to an exam room. Please do not have more than 1 person accompany you, and only if necessary.
- Our office is now paperless to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 by paper and objects (e.g. clipboards/pens).Providing telehealth options when appropriate.
- We have had UV lights installed in our air conditioning unit that kills 99.9% of any bacteria or viruses present in the air.
Please be assured that your health and safety are our top priorities. We look forward to continuing to provide you the same expertise and level of care as always in a responsible and safe environment.
Wishing you and your family the best of health,
Dr. Nancy Chen & Kapolei Eye Care Staff
Please welcome our new addition to Kapolei Eye Care, Dr. Ken Baum, M.D.
Dr. Baum brings us 30 plus years of experience as the Glaucoma Specialist for Kaiser Permanente in Honolulu, providing all of the glaucoma subspecialty care to 20% of Hawaii’s population making him the most experienced in his field in the state. He has been chosen as a Honolulu Magazine Hawaii’s Top Doctor for the last six years in a row. Dr. Baum specializes in all forms of cataract surgery, combined cataract and glaucoma surgery and glaucoma surgery and also provides general eye care.
Kapolei Eye Care & Pua Manu Medspa
Located in Hawaii’s city of Kapolei, Dr. Nancy Chen, MD and staff at Kapolei Eye Care provide eye care services for the whole family. Dr. Chen is well-trained in the latest techniques and uses state-of-the-art equipment, but we never forget that friendly, personalized care for patients is our #1 priority.
Dr. Nancy Chen, MD is an Eye Physician and Surgeon (Eye MD or Ophthalmologist), and performs surgery and routine eye exams. As an Ophthalmologist (MD), she has a medical degree with at least 12 years of education and training and is licensed to practice medicine, diagnose and treat eye conditions and also perform eye surgery.